We understand and appreciate that the health and wellbeing of those who worked at and attended the facility is a very important matter.
Many environmental studies have been conducted by contractors working for the Manatee County School Board, Manatee County and other organizations, and the findings have not discovered any contaminants in the soil or groundwater which may have caused concern.
While we have no evidence that Bayshore High School is the source of any disease clusters, we also understand the strong concerns in the community.
At the request of the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners and the School Board, DOH-Manatee conducted a health survey of those who worked at and attended the old Bayshore High School building regarding cancer diagnoses. The data collection process started on December 1, 2017 and ended on March 30, 2018.
The data will be reviewed, and a final report of findings is expected by approximately autumn of this year.
- Swim It, Shore It or Dodge It
- Rabies Prevention
- National Nutrition Month
- February Marks the Beginning of American Heart Month
- Flu Season in Full Swing
- Florida Department of Health in Manatee County and the Women, Infants, and Children Program Celebrate National WIC Breastfeeding Week and National Breastfeeding Awareness Month
- DOH-Manatee partners with TFAH to address Public Health needs of Older Floridians
- Florida Health In Manatee County Recognizes Diabetes Awareness Month
- Join Flu Free Florida By Getting Your Flu Shot This Fall
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) celebrates March as National Nutrition Month®, which is sponsored annually by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. For this year’s theme, FDOH is encouraging Floridians to “Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables.” An easy way to build a healthy plate is to make half your plate fruits and vegetables. It is also a great way to add color, flavor, and texture plus vitamins, minerals and fiber. All these benefits are packed in fruits and vegetables that are also low in calories and fat.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals