We understand and appreciate that the health and wellbeing of those who worked at and attended the facility is a very important matter.
Many environmental studies have been conducted by contractors working for the Manatee County School Board, Manatee County and other organizations, and the findings have not discovered any contaminants in the soil or groundwater which may have caused concern.
While we have no evidence that Bayshore High School is the source of any disease clusters, we also understand the strong concerns in the community.
At the request of the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners and the School Board, DOH-Manatee conducted a health survey of those who worked at and attended the old Bayshore High School building regarding cancer diagnoses. The data collection process started on December 1, 2017 and ended on March 30, 2018.
The data will be reviewed, and a final report of findings is expected by approximately autumn of this year.
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez And Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Meet With Martin County Stakeholders And Community Leaders To Discuss Hepatitis A Outbreak
- FDOH Urges Summer Safety with Tips for Swimming, Grilling and Chilling
- Florida Department of Health Encourages Safety this 4th of July
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nunez and Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Confirm CDC to Partner in Hepatitis A Outbreak Response
- Florida Residents and Visitors Urged to Prepare for Hurricane Season
- Manatee County Health Department identifies case of Hepatitis A in food service worker: Encourages vaccinations
- Hepatitis A Notice
- DOH-Manatee partners with TFAH to address Public Health needs of Older Floridians
- Florida Health In Manatee County Recognizes Diabetes Awareness Month
- Join Flu Free Florida By Getting Your Flu Shot This Fall
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) encourages everyone to maximize the health benefits and fun of summertime spent in and around Florida's waters: play it safe and keep it healthy.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals