We understand and appreciate that the health and wellbeing of those who worked at and attended the facility is a very important matter.
Many environmental studies have been conducted by contractors working for the Manatee County School Board, Manatee County and other organizations, and the findings have not discovered any contaminants in the soil or groundwater which may have caused concern.
While we have no evidence that Bayshore High School is the source of any disease clusters, we also understand the strong concerns in the community.
At the request of the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners and the School Board, DOH-Manatee conducted a health survey of those who worked at and attended the old Bayshore High School building regarding cancer diagnoses. The data collection process started on December 1, 2017 and ended on March 30, 2018.
The data will be reviewed, and a final report of findings is expected by approximately autumn of this year.
- GOVERNOR DESANTIS’ BOLDER, BRIGHTER, BETTER FUTURE BUDGET WILL KEEP FLORIDIANS HEALTHY
- New Administrator Selected for Charlotte County
- Safe Sleep for Florida Infants
- AHCA and FDOH Recognize 19 Hospitals in Florida for Achieving the Healthy People 2020 Low-risk, Primary C-section Goal
- Manatee County Health Department identifies case of Hepatitis A in food service worker: Encourages vaccinations
- Hepatitis A Notice
- DOH-Manatee partners with TFAH to address Public Health needs of Older Floridians
- Florida Health In Manatee County Recognizes Diabetes Awareness Month
- Join Flu Free Florida By Getting Your Flu Shot This Fall
Parents, safety gear doesn’t work if you don’t click it.
Every day in the U.S., children end up in emergency rooms for injuries that could have been prevented if safety gear had been used—according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the yearly average for all childhood unintentional injuries is 9.2 million.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals