Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
DOH-Manatee provides confidential, comprehensive Family Planning services to minors (teens) and adults of child-bearing age. Fees are based on your ability to pay (see Eligibility). Family Planning services are usually provided to teens at no cost.
Benefits of Family Planning
Family Planning plays a key role in preventing unintended pregnancies, including adolescent (teen) pregnancies. Preventing unintended pregnancies has a positive effect on birth outcomes. Family planning services (including education, screening and treatment) also reduce both the number of new cases and the impact of sexually transmitted diseases.
Family Planning services we offer:
- Education and counseling on all methods of birth control with providers certified in Nexplanon and IUD insertion
- Creation of your individual Reproductive Life Plan
- Referrals to specialty care for colposcopy and cryosurgery procedures and follow-up for abnormal PAP tests
- Sterilization counseling for women and men 21 years old or older
- Vasectomies for men over 21 years old (limited number available per year)
- ESSURE sterilization procedure for women over 21 years old (limited number available per year)
- Low-cost or no-cost pregnancy testing
- Emphasis on education for prevention of STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections), including HIV, and promotion of healthy lifestyle choices
- Treatment of STIs
To make an appointment:
Please call 941-748-0748 ext. 1265.