School Health Program
Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
The School Health program provides basic health services to all public school students. The goal is to ensure students are healthy and ready to learn.
School Health services include:
- First aid and emergency health services
- Health appraisals and nursing assessments
- Child-specific training and health counseling
- Screenings (dental, vision, hearing, scoliosis and others)
- Referral and follow-up of suspected or confirmed health problems
- Assistance with medication administration and health care procedures for students with health conditions
- And more
Additionally, school health registered nurses work closely with school staff and parents to promote healthy behaviors, such as maintaining a healthy weight and choosing to be physically active and reduce risky behaviors, such as tobacco use.