Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
Services we offer
DOH-Manatee offers the following services to indviduals infected with or suspected to be infected with STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases):
- HIV testing
- Consultation and educational services
How do I get tested?
HIV/STD Testing on our Mobile Unit (FREE):
Our mobile unit (medical bus) visits sites throughout Manatee County (see calendar above.). Testing is FREE on the mobile unit.
FREE Condoms are available both at our clinic and on the mobile unit.
Who should get tested?
Get tested if you have ever:
- Had sexual intercourse, oral sex, or other sexual contact without the use of barriers (condoms or other protective devices) with someone whose STD status you do not know
- Had multiple sex partners (or if partner had multiple sexual partners)
- Had a partner who is an injection-drug user
Or if you ever had or currently have any of these symptoms:
- Unusual discharge (fluid) or pus from the penis or vagina
- Unusual sores or bumps (pimple-like or cauliflower-like) on any of the following areas:
- Buttocks or anus
- Groin or inner thighs
- Throat, mouth or lips
- Burning, itching or pain while urinating and/or frequent urination
- Pain or unusual discomfort during sex
- Bleeding during sex (NOT during menstrual cycle)
- A generalized rash, including the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet
- Dark urine; loose, light-colored stools; and a yellowing of the whites of the eyes and skin
- Abdominal pain and/or redness, swelling or soreness of the genitals
Some STDs cause NO signs or symptoms in many people
- Even if you have not experienced any of the above, but HAVE had sexual contact or are concerned that you are infected, it is ALWAYS best to be tested.
- If you have ever experienced any of these symptoms, please refrain from all sexual contact until you have been tested and treated, if necessary.