Food Hygiene Program
Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
Environmental Health oversees certain establishments that provide food service in Manatee County, including:
- Schools (public and private)
- Assisted living facilities and adult day care centers
- Fraternal and civic organizations
- Bars and lounges
- Movie theaters
- Detention facilities
These establishments receive annual Sanitation Certificates and are inspected four times a year for compliance with food sanitation and safety requirements. The division also investigates complaints and reports of possible foodborne illness from these facilities.
Barbara D Will, MPH 941-714-7585
Food License Packet (1.92MB PDF)
- State Website on Food Hygiene
- State Website on Food-Borne Illness
- CDC Food Safety Site
- NACCHO Food Safety Site
- Fight Bac (Partnership for Food Safety Education)
Restaurants and Food Markets
Restaurants: For information or complaints, contact the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurants at 850-487-1395.
Grocery stores, convenience stores and fish markets: For information or complaints, contact the Department of Agriculture, Food Safety Division at 850-245-5520.