Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
Environmental Health investigates complaints of sanitary nuisances that can affect health as defined in Florida Statute 386.041.
Sanitary nuisances include:
- Untreated or improperly treated human waste, garbage, offal, dead animals or dangerous waste materials from manufacturing processes
- Air pollutants, gasses and very bad odors that are harmful to human or animal life
- Improperly built or maintained septic tanks, water closets or privies
- Keeping diseased animals dangerous to human health
- Unclean or filthy places where animals are slaughtered
- Any condition capable of breeding flies, mosquitoes or other arthropods capable of transmitting diseases to humans
- Any act or condition which may cause disease
When a sanitary nuisance is found to exist, a notice is issued giving a reasonable time for correction based on the severity of the condition. If correction is not completed, legal action is taken. Failure to comply is considered a second degree misdemeanor.
If you have a concern about a possible sanitary nuisance, please call our office at 941-714-7593.