Sharps Disposal Program
Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
Used syringes with needles and lancets should never be placed in the garbage or in a recycling bin. The Sharps Disposal Program provides individuals a safe, legal way to dispose of syringes, needles, and lancets, AND receive a free new sharps container in return! (Businesses are prohibited from using this public service program.)
How does the program work?
- Turn in your properly packaged sharps to our Environmental Health office and receive your free new sharps container.
- Take the new container to your home and place it out of reach of children.
- Perform your injections as needed and then dispose of the syringes completely intact into the sharps container.
- When full, seal the container and bring it back to Environmental Health.
For more information: