Tobacco Free Manatee
Tobacco Prevention Program
Tobacco Free Manatee promotes health and wellness through changes in systems and policies that decrease secondhand smoke exposure, prevent and reduce tobacco use among youth and reduces the number of current tobacco users.
The Tobacco Free Manatee Partnership Coalition brings together community partners and members who build awareness of tobacco issues and advocate for policy change.
- Prevent initiation of tobacco use among youth and young adults.
- Eliminate Manatee County residents' exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Promote quitting among Manatee County's adults and youth.
- Sustain a statutorily mandated comprehensive tobacco education and use prevention program.
Areas of Focus
- Reduce the Tobacco Industry's influence in marketing to youth at Point of Sale.
- Working to establish policies for Tobacco Free Environments in Manatee County.
- Working to establish policies for Tobacco Free Worksites in Manatee County.
- Working to establish Smokefree Multiunit housing in Manatee County.