Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- 941-748-0747 (24 Hours/Day)
410 6th Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
Why You Should Make Wellness Your Business!
On average, Americans working full-time spend more than one-third of their day, five days per week at the workplace. This makes the workplace an important setting for health protection, health promotion and disease prevention programs. Benefits of workplace wellness programs include:
- positive impacts on employee health (i.e. improved health behaviors, reduced risk of diseases, etc.);
- reduced health care costs;
- reduced absenteeism;
- increased productivity; and
- improved employee morale.
DOH-Manatee and the Workplace Wellness Taskforce, a group of community partners, are in the process of developing a recognition program that will support local Manatee County businesses that offer their employees’ health and wellness programs and resources. To join the Taskforce, contact our DOH-Manatee Wellness Coordinator.
In the meantime, jumpstart your businesses workplace wellness program and take the CDC Worksite Health Scorecard assessment.
For more information, contact:
- Pascale D. Edouard, BS, MPH 941-708-6187
- Visit the CDC Worksite Health Scorecard website: https://nccd.cdc.gov/DPH_WHSC/HealthScorecard/Home.aspx